We meet once a month to read and compare notes.
“[The prevalent] prescriptive parenting picture is fundamentally misguided, from a scientific, philosophical, and political point of view, as well as a personal one. It’s the wrong way to understand how parents and children actually think and act, and it’s equally wrong as a vision of how they should think and act. It’s actually made life worse for children and parents, not better.” ( LeVine & LeVine, 2016)
- Bärtges, C. A., & Lyons, N. (2003). Educating as an Art: Essays on Waldorf Education. SteinerBooks.
- Cadwell, L. B. (1997). Bringing Reggio Emilia Home: An Innovative Approach to Early Childhood Education. Teachers College Press.
- Edwards, C. P., Gandini, L., & Forman, G. E. (1998). The Hundred Languages of Children: The Reggio Emilia Approach–advanced Reflections. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- Freire, P. (1985). The Politics of Education: Culture, Power, and Liberation. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- Leonard, P., & McLaren, P. (2002). Paulo Freire: A Critical Encounter. Routledge.
- LeVine, R. A., & LeVine, S. (2016). Do Parents Matter?: Why Japanese Babies Sleep Soundly, Mexican Siblings Dont Fight, and American Families Should Just Relax. PublicAffairs.
- Montessori, M. (2004). The Montessori Method: The Origins of an Educational Innovation : Including an Abridged and Annotated Edition of Maria Montessori’s The Montessori Method. Rowman & Littlefield.
- Montessori, M. (2013b). The Absorbent Mind. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Montessori, M. (2018). The Montessori Elementary Material. Creative Media Partners, LLC.
- Shor, I., & Freire, P. (1987). A Pedagogy for Liberation: Dialogues on Transforming Education. Greenwood Publishing Group.
- Steiner, R. (1996). The Child’s Changing Consciousness. SteinerBooks.
- Steiner, R. (2003). Lectures to Teachers 1921. Kessinger Publishing.
- Vecchi, V. (2010). Art and Creativity in Reggio Emilia: Exploring the Role and Potential of Ateliers in Early Childhood Education. Routledge.
- Wipfler, P. (2006). Listening to Children: How Children’s Emotions Work. Hand in Hand.
- Bos, A. L., Sweet-Cushman, J., & Schneider, M..C. (2019). Family-friendly academic conferences: a missing link to fix the “leaky pipeline”? Politics, Groups, and Identities, 7(3), 748–758. https://doi.org/10.1080/21565503.2017.1403936
- Our Forgotten Craving for Community. (2019, August 31). Retrieved September 7, 2019, from The Book of Life website: https://www.theschooloflife.com/thebookoflife/our-forgotten-craving-for-community/
Contact person: Chrystalleni at 99586369